Monday 31 January 2011

Reclaimed wood laptop table.

Here is my latest creation! Laptop users across the globe have long suffered from what is known as 'hot leg syndrome' (i just made that up) but no more shall they slowly cook whilst using their computers!
I have always liked the idea of a bed tray for food but as I spend more time in bed on my computer than eating I thought I'd have a bash at making a laptop table. Maybe the next one will have a cup holder.
When it comes to the computer:comfort in bed ratio then its all about angles so I tried to make my table as adjustable as possible. So the front legs slide up and down and are articulated so you can create the height and angle your heart desires.







Here it is being beautifully modeled by my brother, he seems to like it quite high but i prefer it to be lower and with a bit more pitch on it.
The top is 21"x15" so will easily accommodate most laptops with space for you wrists to rest and a cheeky mouse on the side.
I got the wood from a local renovation where someone was having their floor replaced, although I did have to buy the dowel that holds the legs together as I'd run out of old broom handle! Have to go hunting for another one.





Gratuitous detail shot.
For nothing more than personal satisfaction!













There isn't always space in the bedroom for another table or piece of furniture so this nifty little table folds flat for easy storage under the bed or, top of the wardrobe or wherever you care to keep it.










So I leave the judgement to you Goddess Internet and all who follow you.
I'd love to hear from you about your thoughts, suggestions, improvements that could be made, how much you'd pay and any other banter you may have concerning this table and or anything else that you'd like to share.
I'd love to hear from you so don't hesitate to get in touch.












Sustainably onwards,

The Woodfashioner

1 comment:

  1. Awesome collection of Laptop table. Color's of your table also good. it's easily moveable. so i Like your table.

    ReplyDelete